2015 Summer

August 09, 2015


Believe or not, Josh is already back to work, and the local kids are already back in school.

This summer break was the shortest ever - 8 weeks.  We are so grateful, though, for that perk of his occupation!!

About the beginning of June or so, I wrote up a little list of things I wanted to get done this summer.  How'd we do?

Summer 2015 Bucket List/To Do List
(in no particular order)

  • Purge (still doing)
  • Organize (this is really slow going, but I'm working on it)
  • Decorate (work in progress, but mostly comes after the organizing; also, this is really hard to measure/assess)
  • Hang pics/gallery wall (nope)
  • Paint front door (I've narrowed it down to 3 colors, and really 1 I think, but it's not the same one that hubby wants, so for now we just have 3 red paint swatches taped to our front door, can you say ghetto?)

  • Grill pizzas (still gotta do this)
  • Dentist appointments for all 3 of us (appointments made and scheduled for this week!  It will be C's first dentist experience!  She's excited; I hope I don't make her nervous.)
  • Wonderland Theater (Josh and I got to see "Paper Towns" as a Thursday matinee - when all you can eat popcorn is free, woot woot!)
  • Buy a new vacuum
  • Buy a dirt devil/dustbuster
  • Host a yard sale (done!  times 2!)

  • Go on a couples trip (Josh & I celebrated our 5th anniversary with a trip to Michigan - Saginaw, Birch Run, Traverse City)

  • Go on a family trip (sorry, kid.)
  • Camp in our backyard
  • Use our firepit
  • Make smores
  • Teach C how to wipe her bottom independently (a good thing to know how to do especially considering she starts pre-school in a month!)
  • Get estimates for windows (ugh.  I feel like I need to get my house organized first.)
  • Stain the back deck (ahem)
  • Go to the beach (we went when Josh's Las Vegas family was in town; then Catherine & I went again with her cousins and aunt)

Looking back at the last couple months, there were lots of little special things - playtime at the park, finding sales at a fro-yo place, exploring Shipshewana with out of town family, AYOP, iced coffee, discovering Einstein Bros. bagels at Notre Dame, baking, and watching C become more independent.  I feel like she has really grown up this summer!


Our summer's to do list was brief enough that it allowed for lots of additional activities - big or small.  And for that I am thankful.

Another highlight this summer was welcoming another cousin for Catherine!  Little Jaydon was born to Josh's brother and his wife - their first!  It's been fun to watch C interact with him and be gentle with him.


Sadly, there was no big family road trip this summer.  But maybe we can do some little trips on the weekends.  I know things will be different with Catherine now having her own school schedule to consider, so we'll just have to be diligent to use the time we have!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive