Hotcakes, Horses, and Houses

September 13, 2009

I am so blessed; I have had a fabulous day! I don't know if it could have been any better. Well, I guess if I didn't have a headache chasing me around all day.

I woke up for early service and enjoyed being at church. On the way home I was hungry and realized I could make it to my local McD's by 11. I am SO lucky that they extend the breakfast hours an extra half hour on the weekends!! I got hotcakes! Something I hadn't had in years!!! Maybe since I was a kid!


Then I enjoyed a wonderful nap on my sofa and woke up an hour later when Josh came over. We headed out for the lovely W. Washington Historic House Tour. The weather was perfect! We got to see some amazing places!! We got great exercise walking around the neighborhood and even briefly rode in a quaint horse drawn carriage (see picture)! At the end of the tour we visited a local church for an ice cream social!

We then headed south for a fantastic dinner at Panera - yummy salads! And then to our first Financial Peace University (FPU) class! We were both a little hesitant, but enjoyed it. I'm excited about our future and becoming better stewards with what God has provided for us.

After I got home I had a nice long phone conversation with my mom, catching up and comparing thoughts from the house tour (she went with my dad yesterday). Now I'm watching football, hoping for a win for ONE of my teams this weekend. Go Packers!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. What a great day you had! The house tours were fun though the walking was tiring. You were smart to go on Sunday when you could get the carriage ride, too.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive