Ponder this Question with Me

October 13, 2008

What contributes to "quality of life"?

This is the question that came to mind a few minutes ago while I was sitting outside enjoying a well earned day off with sunshine, a light breeze, and temperatures in the mid 70's. I was sitting in my back yard in a comfortable chair (courtesy of my neighbors) sipping my favorite coffee and perusing my 2009 Ikea catalogue.

Wikipedia (our generation's go-to for any and all information) says that quality of life is an intangible degree of well-being felt by a person.

You can research it further if you like, but tell me please: What comes to mind when you think of quality of life? No need to write a complete essay; just brief thoughts or bullet points are fine. I suppose if you truly feel the need to respond with an essay, by all means, feel free. Maybe that contributes to your quality of life.

Please share your thoughts, and as always, if you prefer to remain anonymous, that is certainly an option. Thanks!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. - Contentedness in the situation I'm in

    - Closeness to Jesus

    These two things are what come to mind for me right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been observed that the activity of work and the activity of play are very similar, but one is often dreaded and the other one anticipated. I guess it is the approach that determins the quality of the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The song "It is Well With My Soul" is, in my opinion the best definition there is ... solidly at peace and contendedness no matter what.

    But also, I think it has to do with wholehearted living. Whatever I'm doing, doing it with all of me.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive