Date Night

February 02, 2015


I am so grateful that Catherine has two sets of grandparents within the near vicinity!

A few days ago I made plans for Catherine to go to Josh's parents for a night so we could enjoy a nice evening alone.

We love going to restaurants, and it's a totally different experience to go out for dinner with a three year old vs. just the two of us!

Photo taken Dec. 2013, was this our last dressy date??

So, Saturday, we got to enjoy a fabulous dinner out, as well as wandering around Target for a bit.  I will point out the irony that 75% of the items in our cart were for Catherine.  That girl is just too easy to buy for!

Saturday night The Blizzard Linus hit.  Sidenote:  who knew they were now naming blizzards??

Church Sunday was canceled, and other than dropping off some Redbox rentals, we had no where to go.  So, Date Night extended into Date Day.  The snow kept coming Sunday, so it was a good thing I packed extra clothes for Catherine.

Today, I still didn't think it was safe to be out on the snow and ice covered roads, so our Date Weekend continued, as Josh had the day off work.

We've been able to FaceTime a few times with Catherine, so that keeps us from missing her too terribly.  And I think she'd be happy to spend countless days with Papa and Granice (that's Grandma Janice), watching Mickey and eating ice cream.

 I've enjoyed sleeping in, napping on the couch, watching non-cartoon dvd's, staying in PJ's, and soaking up a bit of quiet.  There have been a couple times I went back to default mode:  once I thought I heard her crying in bed, and at bedtime on the first night alone I locked the gate at the top of the stairs - something I do every night to help ensure her containment.

But, tomorrow Josh will head back to work.  I will dress and leave the house.  And Little Girl will return home.

Grateful for a nice little break.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive