Our Coffee Station

June 14, 2014


So, something a little more lighthearted today even though I'm still in pain.

Today is Friday.  Everybody loves Friday.

Why?

Because it's the beginning of the much anticipated weekend!!  Well, every day for the next couple months is like a weekend for me.
          
Why?

Because my husband is a teacher!  It's been one challenging year, but summer vacation is now his reward!  Way to go, honey!

School ran extra late this year due to an abundance of snow days.  Then this week we've been hosting a couple guys from SpringHill Day Camps as they have worked at our church all week.  It's been a blast for our church, for the campers, for the staff, and for us!

Catherine and her new buds Jason & Davis
I love hosting!  Sometimes I forget this when I get caught up in the day-to-day normal stuff of my life at home with a toddler.  It's nearly impossible to get any housework done when Catherine is around.  And 95% of the time Catherine is gone I'm out with her!  So, our house is very "lived in".  And there is no hiding that.

My mom came over last week to help me get organized and ready to host the boys.  We turned the living room into a bedroom.  I borrowed extra bedding, and we made good use of all the towels we got as wedding gifts.

We got extra groceries and made sure to have snacks on hand - healthy and not so healthy.


 I left notes on the mirror in the guest bathroom throughout the week and made sure everything was comfortable and welcoming.



One of the things I've been meaning to do for weeks finally got done knowing guests were coming.  I set up a coffee station in our kitchen!


I inherited this cart quite awhile ago from my generous friend Bria.  I was trying to set up my own place after moving back to the area, and she was so helpful in assisting me.  I decided it would be a perfect piece for a coffee station for awhile.


We take our coffee pretty seriously around here...


We take our coffee add-ins pretty seriously as well.  We like to have options...

 

And we like to have flavors...


It is a pretty spectacular thing.  Might as well showcase it!



They say everything looks better on a tray.  So I made use of a few of them.  It also gives me a chance to use some of my lovely cake stands.  The colors flow so nicely.  With the browns, tans, and aqua.


After I took these photos I added another touch to the coffee cart - a polka-dot placemat with coordinating colors on the bottom shelf.  Because just like everything else in my house, it's always a work in progress.


We feel so blessed to have been able to host the camp staff this week!   We ought therefore to show hospitality to such people so that we may work together for the truth.  3 John 1:8

Yes, those might be tears in my eyes.
 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I LOVE your coffee station! You are such a good hostess! (I love the little mirror notes)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive