Treasure Today

March 12, 2012

I took today off because I wanted to be with Baby Girl for her 4 month check-up and shots. As if I need a reason to spend the day with her.

Last night I told her we were going to enjoy our special day together.

She did not enjoy her shots, but her doctor said she's looking great!

Once we got that out of the way, we went out for coffee. She slept while I had a half cup of flavored coffee and half a chocolate mint brownie at our favorite downtown hangout.

Since it was quite a lovely day, we walked to our breastfeeding support group where we got to visit with old friends. Old being from when I was on maternity leave.

After that, Jen & Julia came over. The babies went down for a nap, while the mommas had lunch and talked.

At this point mid-afternoon, I couldn't keep my eyes open. The couch became my best friend for awhile. Until Catherine decided a 3 hour nap was long enough. Soon after, Daddy returned from his run (he's training for a half marathon - what a guy!), and we all made dinner together.

Now I'm preparing for a long day away tomorrow. Extra long. I've got an after work training to attend.

Less than two weeks til Spring Break!!!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Sounds like a great day! Treasure each day you have with Catherine, even when she is older and you might not feel the warm fuzzies toward her. (Yes, there will be times like that!) The days together are all precious and gone too soon.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive