One Of These Days

March 22, 2012

One of these days...

  • I'll catch up on posting photos of Catherine
  • I'll dust
  • I'll pick up
  • I'll pack up
  • I'll get organized
  • I'll purge
  • I'll take that ever growing pile to Goodwill/Salvation Army
  • I'll do something with all the food in our pantry
  • I'll get the cloth napkins out
  • I'll use those square appetizer plates
  • I'll entertain again
  • I'll hang things on the walls
  • I'll put together our wedding guest book
  • I'll frame photos
  • I'll find a matching coffee table and end tables
  • I'll update our family blog
  • I'll get baby announcements made
  • I'll send the Christmas/New Years/Valentines/Easter letter
  • I'll finish the thank you notes

But not today. These days I'm lucky if I get more than 6 hours of sleep. It's a good day if I can make myself breakfast to eat in the car and remember to pack a lunch. It's a good thing if dirty clothes make it into the laundry basket. Or even near it.

These days the bar is pretty low. And I'm ok with that. I have to be.

These days, it's just about survival.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Sweet friend.
    These days, as every stage of our lives seem to go one forever.
    There are some woes, but so very many pleasures and memories.
    Enjoy every bit, as these will shortly be in the past! I know you do and am so glad for your low bar!
    Just remember that with each stage, new insights and growth and blessings are always there..no matter how long the stage lasts!
    Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive