Kicking

September 20, 2011

The baby is kicking a lot. That's how I chose tonight's blog title.

I have not done a good job at blogging lately. But a new blog header is in the works. The current one is quite outdated, so get ready to bid it farewell.

I'm back at work now. Actually I have been for over a month. The first couple weeks were so hard!! This year is harder than last year. More kids. More expectations. Longer hours. Less pay. But I keep plugging away - one day at a time. That's pretty much my motto. And honestly it's nice to have the routine.

Being pregnant is harder than I expected, and I realize it's going to be getting harder and harder with each day, each week that goes by. We've got a couple different due dates, depending on who we're talking to. We go with the estimated due date of November 19; although our doctor's office has us at the less accurate date of November 16. Not much of a difference. But in our eyes we are at 31 weeks. In our doctor's office's eyes, tomorrow we are 32 weeks.

I think now I'm starting to freak out about it ending. Funny - a few weeks ago I was so grateful to move to 29 weeks instead of 28, and now I just want to stay at 31.

I've got a good schedule at school. I'm working with good teachers. I'm in 1 English class, 3 Social Studies classes, and 2 Science classes. I'm learning a lot. :) Even though they are all year-long classes, I heard my schedule will change for the school's second trimester. I'm guessing it will change for 3rd tri as well. I will be away from work on maternity leave for pretty much the bulk of 2nd trimester.

We have expanded into the lower level of our home and need to get working on the nursery now.

My brother and sister-in-law welcomed their baby girl into the world last month. She came 3 weeks early, that little stinker! We are loving getting to know her.

Here are some pictures from the first time we met her - the day she came home from the hospital:







And on a later visit when she was wearing one of the outfits I got for her. It says, "Auntie and ice cream - my favorite combo".


That's all for now!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. aw, congrats to josh!!!

    just think, you've got a little peighton in there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life has a way of changing us. :)
    Take it, as you said, one day at a time.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for pictures! Thanks for sharing :-)

    Can't wait until your little one arrives. I still remember you visiting us in the hospital when Natalie was born! It's hard to believe she will be SIX this November... maybe your little one will be born on her birthday, the 14th? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness, that's a beautiful daughter I have!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive