Novel

August 18, 2009

The last couple few days I’ve been thinking quite a bit about my novel. My unfinished novel. I am pretty sure I’ve mentioned it before, but in case you forget I’ll recap. Summer of 2005 I was in a novel writing group based on the book No Plot No Problem. The goal was to write a novel in a month. Some people in the group met that goal. I, on the other hand, am still working on mine four years later. And I’m ok with that.


While I know it needs a lot of work (the goal was to write, not edit) and many more chapters, I am really proud of the storyline. More precisely, the end of the story. Which I am unable to tell you about. Come on, I can’t give it away!


I’m thinking about revisiting it, changing some of the details in the middle, cleaning it up a bit, and adding to it. The thought of being involved with those characters and those settings again stirs my creative spirit – something I am in desperate need of.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Set aside a certain length of time or maybe a certain night of each week to work on it. Do it! I think you would really feel a sense of accomplishment. And then, when you are done, I would love to read it. Even unedited and unpolished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to read your book someday, and I'd love to have you read mine! (I guess that would mean I'd have to write more than five pages ...) Perhaps we could motivate each other!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive