Almost 500

August 10, 2009

i have written almost 500 blogs here.

and lately i question my purpose of the blogs.

since elementary school i have journaled. i have years and years of my thoughts written in various books. in the last couple years that has dwindled off so far that i am at the point where i can't even find my journal.

that makes me sad.

i feel like i've lost those 2 years. and very vital years they were.

does what i put out here replace what i would have written in my journal?

not quite.

i'm much more careful and guarded with what i write here. i censor myself. wisely i'd say. but none-the-less, it is not comparable to what i would be journaling.

i had a great day. i had a great yesterday. i had a great weekend away. i started typing up the details and got pretty far into it. and then just started wondering if anybody really cares to know about my days.

i know some of you out there read for your entertainment when boredom strikes during the day. or perhaps you are trying to learn more about me (sidenote: good luck; so am i!).

but why? what does it do for you? why do you want me to share my life with you? why are you here? what keeps you coming back? basically - what's in it for you?

anonymous (or identified) comments appreciated as i ponder where to go from here.

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I love reading your blogs. I enjoy keeping up with you through them, and I love your sense of humor. I'd be sad if you stopped blogging. However, I totally understand what you're saying about the journaling. I could probably count on one hand the number of times I've journaled since I started my MySpace blog. There has to be a happy medium--a world where we journal and blog--but I don't know how to get there. So if you figure it out, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love reading your blogs. I feel like I can still know what's going on with your day-to-day life even though we don't e-mail/talk all the time. I feel like when I actually do get to see you face-to-face again, I won't have just missed out on several years of your life. That's why I read your blog - because you're my friend! I appreciate any deep/insightful comments you put in there, but don't need you to post your deepest feelings - that's too personal for the internet! I don't think blogging can replace journaling (I've never really been much of a journaler) but it is a great way to keep up with each others' lives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your blogs because I feel like I'm getting to know you. I even feel like I know Josh even though I've only met him once. I don't think I read for entertainment. I read because I am interested in your life. You are an awesome person! I hope to get to know you better...in person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading your blog, it keeps me up to date with what is going on in your life. I am interested in what you care about and write about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy reading your blogs for several reasons: (1) You are a very good writer and have a way of expressing yourself that is unique. (2) I understand a bit more what is going on in your head as well as your life. (3) You are my daughter and I love you -- and love to read what you want to say about your thoughts, feelings, activities, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I thought I left a comment already but I don't see it so here's the reason I read them....I want to get to know youn better plus they are thoughtful and many times humerous. Lastly, you're my son's sweetheart and it lets me peek into the progress of your relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why do I read?
    Why do I keep coming back?
    Because I love you!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like it because you are often entertaining and you write well. It's also a great way to connect with people long distance (like facebook).

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive