Contemplating and Considering...

July 22, 2009

About once a year I start contemplating getting a second job. One year I actually did go out and get one. I ended up working at the mall when I lived in California. ME. At a mall job!?! Sometimes I still can't believe it.

I'm in one of those contemplative moods again. It sure would be nice to have some extra money to be saving away for the future. But I realize the time I would be available to work this second job would of course be evenings and weekends - my only free time.

I have so much going on in my life as it is. Some weeks I can barely hang on. Tonight is my only free night this week. And can one really call it a "free night" when it involves doing housework all evening?

Any other free time I tend to fill with friends, family, and Josh. Do I really want to give that up?? If you know me at all, you know my answer to that question!

And on the rare occasion that I get some downtime, I love it. Curled up on the sofa, candles lit, watching some silly chick flick. It's such a treat.

The more I think about it, the more I realize what I don't want to give up.

Then again, the thought of being able to save some money is nice. Maybe Mom & Dad's basement is calling my name... Ha ha!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive