Thoughts

February 12, 2009

My thoughts whip around as quick and strong as the winds we've had.

The weather yesterday was crazy. Started warm enough for flip flops. By evening I switched to flats with socks and made sure I had my sweatshirt going out.

Book Club was moved because the power was out at church. Our tiny group of 3 (where is the commitment, people?? I don't get it.) met at Martin's. I was closing in prayer an hour later, "God, help us to know you are always with us, even when we don't feel your presence." BAM! All the lights at Martin's went out.

Ok, God.

The rain was blowing sideways as I left Martin's and met my girl J-La at Panera. Rough times for her, but she is strong. She is a survivor.

By the time we left there, it was a strange slush blizzard with chunks of hard, wet slushy snow. I had to go to Kohl's because I knew if I didn't stop then, I'd never go.

Too bad I didn't have a jacket. Slush down the back of my shirt. I shrieked.

Then on to my parents' house. Catching up with my amazing mom. Endless talking. All in the dark. Their power was out too. Home at midnight.

Long day. Challenging day. Frustrating day. Busy day.

It started with oatmeal exploding in the microwave. I just stood there for awhile, unsure of how to respond. I started whining and said, "I just can't deal with this." I kept standing there, just breathing and thinking and trying to deal. I finally decided that the appropriate response would be to take a picture.




And then suddenly it just wasn't so bad anymore.

Had a headache all day. Highlight was lunch with my sister-in-law-in-law. But it flew by so fast. Again, that wind...

It was warm enough to walk there but pouring rain afterwards. On the way there I was stunned to have a muscular man with a police badge walk towards me smiling. "Hey there! Do you remember me?" It was innocent enough. I gave it some thought.

"You look familiar... (pause) Oh! (pause) I beat you up!" I couldn't believe the words came out of my mouth. I couldn't believe how comfortable I felt with him, grabbing his sweatshirt and giving him a hard time. Good ol' Anthony from the SBPD. We had a nice conversation. He said he never forgets a face. I would add, especially one that kicks the crap out of him.

That was yesterday. One day. Out of many. Tuesday requires its own post. As does today. Will it actually happen?

It's been a busy week. I'm not getting enough sleep. Tomorrow is weigh-in. Did I ever mention that I'm in a contest at the gym? I'm not doing so well. It's easy to get depressed and think why should I bother? But I want to be a healthy eater again. I used to be. I want that to be me again.

Tomorrow - another day. With its own challenges. Some just like all the other days. Others unique to tomorrow no doubt. But also with its own blessings as well.

I've been SO aware of my blessings recently. In the amazingness of my family. In friendships I have. In my relationship with Josh. Just so many good things that I don't deserve. I am humbled. I am grateful. Thank you, Lord. You are here.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Aww thanks Jen! :) That's my theme song! "I will survive!". I don't feel strong, but I know I am. God strengthens us through the trials! Have a great Valentine's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive