Running

September 04, 2014

I will be the first to admit:  I have done a lousy job at keeping this blog updated.

But, as they say, "It is what it is."

Get past it.  I am.

~~~~~

My husband is a marathon runner.

Stop there.  I NEVER thought I would be married to a marathon runner.

I remember when we were dating he would occasionally run in the summer, when he happened to have free time.  I just thought, "Why???"

Even though it's not my thing, I am proud of him.  He trains.  He disciplines himself in so many ways.  He literally runs for hours without stopping.  That.Is.Amazing.

A couple few months ago, I was getting resentful about his running because it meant I was guaranteed "on duty" with the toddler*.  No other option, but me.  Stuck*.

So, a friend was gracious enough to loan us a jogging stroller.

Bingo!

(Sorry about the ginormous photos.  I have not figured out how to downsize pictures on my new lappy...)

I LOVE when the two of them can have special times together.  And no, not just because it gives me a break.

 

I am so blessed by a husband who is also a good father.  Every night, seriously like 99.9% of the time, Josh puts Catherine to bed.  He does the jammies, the potty, the overnight diaper, the teeth brushing, the tucking in with bear, and raffie, and big bear, and pink bear, and white bear, and polar bear, and dolly, and other dolly, and books.  SO many books.  The prayer, the singing, the rocking, the glass of water, the pink blanket, no the striped blanket, no the yellow blanket.  Ahhhh, life with a two-year-old...

Bless his heart!  He is good!!

The other day he forced encouraged me to take an evening off.  He said I should go out solo and do whatever I want - a relaxing dinner, catch a movie, watch HGTV at my mother's, sit at Starbucks, etc.

Wow.

This meant the world to me!!

I needed a break, and he knew it.

This weekend Josh and I get a break together.  Although I don't know how much of a "break" it will feel like to him.

He's got a half marathon to run.


*Yes, I do realize this makes me sound awful.  Stay-at-home parenting is rough.  Parenting is rough, folks.  Let's not sugarcoat it.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive