Latest Dr. Appointment

October 31, 2011

I went to today's doctor's appointment confident that my BP would be fine again.

The first reading was 160/100. NOT fine. I couldn't believe it.

We did the NST (baby is still doing great thankfully!). The doctor said he would get me on a prescription for the blood pressure and that the nurse would recheck the BP.

It was even higher then: 160/120!!! She tried both arms and with different cuffs to make sure. I appreciated that.

So, upon hearing it was higher, doctor said, "You're going to the hospital."

I started crying. I did not want to go through all that again.

After I calmed down and accepted my fate for the next four hours, here we were again back at St. Joe.

The first blood pressure reading: 128/75!!! And all the ones that followed were even lower. Blood tests and everything else were again great. No one knows why it's reading so high at the clinic and normal everywhere else.

They were able to go through the whole process much faster this time around (1 1/2 hours), and I didn't even have to get into the hospital gown.

I was officially ordered off work. I had prepared myself for that.

The good news is that now I am on modified bedrest, meaning I am allowed to make myself meals and do other small tasks around the house. That's a huge help.

I am already scheduled for my 38 week appointment for Wednesday, where I fully expect to have high blood pressure at the appointment, be sent again to the hospital, and be discharged a couple hours later with fine blood pressure.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. this is my first time to your blog and I'm glad that you don't have to be on complete bed rest! Healthy baby soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad baby girl is doing well. It's probably a good thing to not have to work RIGHT up until you have her. Stay rested...as much as you can. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're off of strict bedrest. That's really strange that your blood pressure is all over the place like that, but i'm glad that you are able to get off of work and take time to rest and keep your baby healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yet another way that we are living the same life...just a few years apart. I was at the hospital 3 different times with HBP at the end of my pregnancy, but never developed pre-eclampsia. Was on modified bed-rest for the last 2 weeks. Try to relax and enjoy the last few baby-free days. :-) Let us know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive