Great Weekend!

January 24, 2010

Time for the classic Sunday night angst of returning to work tomorrow.

But it's been a great weekend!

Friday was a small engagement party for locals (please don't be offended if you weren't invited. It was a simple, casual dinner, and chances are good that my readers will be invited to some type of shower in the future). It was a wonderful time of celebrating. Perhaps I can post some pictures at some point.

Saturday Josh & I met with a florist in DTSB. That was an eye-opener. We should get a quote tomorrow, so I'd better come up with an amount we can afford for flowers. Then we outta do some price comparison.

After that we went to Warsaw for our class rivalry game: his college vs. my college in basketball. His team won, as I expected. Afterward, we enjoyed dinner at one of our faves - Hacienda. Then hung out at his house, baking cookies and watching a movie.

Today we went to the church we plan to marry at. The church I grew up in. The church I "could never see myself getting married at". And now the church I can't imagine myself NOT getting married at! They still have an amazing pastor who preaches amazing sermons.

Then we joined my parents for lunch, visited Kohl's briefly, and met with our photographer at the Chocolate Cafe. I also randomly ran into my 5th grade teacher, whom I adore! Josh & I were then happy to see the Colt's win this afternoon!

The weather today has been awesome!! In the 40's, "warm", and even sunny for part of the day! Almost all of the snow has (finally) melted. This is snow that came while I was in Arkansas 4 weeks ago!

Granted, we are supposed to get more tomorrow and be windy and cold, but I'll enjoy today while I can!

Now I'm trying to figure out who I want to win this game: Vikings or Saints. I really don't care for either team. But I think I will cheer for the Vikings, since I was born in Minnesota. I'll just ignore Favre.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Grrr...first off, I don't like that I can't see your blog to remind me of EVERYTHING I wanted to comment on.

    1. I heart your church and your pastor. And when I first stepped foot into it, I wished I could get married there.

    2. I cried after our first visit with the florist.

    3. Go Vikes.

    I'll have to look at the post again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, so I may have found a way to see the blog WHILE I respond.

    Oh yes...your 5th grade teacher. Is that the guy that had you, Andy, and the Richmond girls sit on his lap? He taught you Dutch games?

    I know he wasn't your teacher in SB, but people visit SB and I know you were nuts for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. why did you cry?

    nope, he was my 3rd grade Bible teacher.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive