My Thanksgiving

November 27, 2009

Oh man, it's definitely one of those nights where I don't want to go to bed. Not because I feel like I haven't accomplished enough for the day (I get those a lot, unfortunately). But because I want to relish in this moment of feeling utterly, completely, beyond-words blessed!

My heart is full. So full it's overflowing. It makes me want to share those blessings with others. It makes me grateful for everything I have, everyone I know, and everything I've experienced! And, yes, even the trials. For it is in the trials that I am closest to my Lord. The one who never leaves me nor forsakes me.

My Thanksgiving Weekend has been wonderful. I was blessed with a super early release from work Wednesday, sharing lunch with my mom, and then heading up north with my honey and his parents. Josh & I stayed at his Granny's, and I enjoyed getting to spend more time with her and chat and get to know her better. We have a lot in common, including late night snacking, which we did together just before the clock struck 12 the eve prior to Thanksgiving.

Thursday I got to sleep in, all snuggled up in bed and then awoke to find Josh's parents had brought us coffee. Mmm, what a great way to start my day! We had a nice time over at Josh's aunt & uncle's for Thanksgiving dinner. The house was packed with 21 people - and that was still missing a few family members! Have I mentioned I love big families?

Friday morning I met Josh and his mom and later his brother for some shopping. All the early bird specials I wanted were already sold out. Argh. I found some other things though that will make do under the tree.

Tonight we spent the evening at my folks, having Thanksgiving part two. All the yummy traditional foods that I've grown up with for many, many years. They had pumpkin pie, and I brought blueberry pie, which made the meal complete. Afterwards, we relaxed, chatted, looked at pictures that Andy found in the basement, played Skip-Bo, and then joined Mom & Dad in their regular Friday night date TV viewing (Monk & White Collar).

The night ended with a text message of exciting news from a friend and then us kids scraping frost off our windshields. 28 degrees, wind chill of 22, and I didn't care. It might have been the best part of the day. We all helped each other and laughed and shivered and made memories. We left my parents' with full bellies and full hearts. Very blessed indeed.

Perfection on a plate


Celebrating Thanksgiving up North

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive