So, THIS is the First Day of SPRING?!?

March 20, 2008


If you know me at all, you know that I do not like winter. Living on the island of Okinawa and then in Southern California, I quickly got used to warmer weather. Coming back to the MidWest to face long, hard winters is not my idea of fun. Every winter seems worse than the year before.


Today is officially the start of spring. But that apparently means nothing. Laying in bed this morning, listening to the DJs on my radio alarm clock, not knowing what the weather was like, I was delighted when one of the DJs said pleasantly, "Today is the first day of spring, and it's pretty nice out there."


I hear "spring" and "pretty nice" and think of weather in the 50's. But apparently the DJ and I have different definitions.


The DJ continued with "It's 29 degrees..."


WHAT?!? Excuse me. TWENTY-NINE DEGREES IS "PRETTY NICE"?!?


We are under a Winter Weather Storm Watch and are supposed to get 6 inches of snow this weekend.


Happy Spring.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive