Out of My Control

March 20, 2008

About an hour ago I got a call from a concerned friend alerting me of tomorrow's weather forecast. I researched the forecast for my entire 8 hour route, and it is not looking good.

Snow accumulating 6 to 10 inches, one inch per hour, sleet, strong winds, hazardous to near impossible driving conditions. Pretty much a blizzard that I would be driving into all day.

I think I have to cancel my trip. I just don't have it in me to fight thru a blizzard for an 8 hour drive that will probably end up lasting more like 10 - 12 hours.

I am so disappointed. So much I was looking forward to this weekend, and now the weather is making me change my plans. Argh, frustration!!!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. So sorry to hear you are canceling your trip. Silly weather, anyway! I hope you are able to reschedule.

    Have you ever heard the song "Here Comes the Sun" by George Harrison? The Beatles just knew what they were talking about, conventional wisdom through song, I guess. Anyway, that song always makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at it this way, you can bet this will be the last storm of the season! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you had to cancel your plans. Maybe you can hang out with the Seitz kids -- namely Dan or Charissa-- while they are home this weekend?

    Are you still taking the day off?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog page, Jennifer! Thanks for sharing it with me! Hope you still make a fun weekend of it at home with the snow.

    I'm also ready for spring to come. I thought we had it yesterday! :) I took a walk outside, it was sunny, I had a light jacket on... Perfect!

    Then, a reminder we live in the Midwest... :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive