Microwave Baked Oatmeal

May 21, 2016


This evening I had oatmeal for dinner.
I was in pajamas by 8.
And I saw two random cats in our backyard.

TWO!

They're coming for me...

I'm destined to become a crazy cat lady!!

But until that happens I thought I'd share a quickie recipe with ya'll.

If you know me at all, you know that cooking is NOT my thing.  NOT my gift.  NOT my jam (as the kids say nowadays).

But sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.  Cuz leftovers can only last so long.

Tonight's dinner idea started with blueberries I found in the fridge.  I decided on oatmeal with blueberries.  I've been trying to boost my protein intake the last couple weeks, so I was happy to see eggs on sale and 50% off with Target's Cartwheel deals.  Since we have a TON, I started looking for a baked oatmeal recipe in order to at least use one.

Since it was already late, I didn't want to go the traditional route of using an actual oven to bake the oatmeal, so I started looking online for a microwave baked version.  And, big surprise, I just ended up coming up with my own recipe.  Here it is:

Easy Microwave Baked Blueberry Oatmeal

1/2 cup quick oats (I added extra)
1/2 cup milk (I used fat-free lactose free, so I think anything would work)
1 egg
Cinnamon
Brown sugar
Blueberries

Mix above ingredients in a large bowl and microwave 2-4 minutes.  Bowl will be scorching hot.  Top with milk and more blueberries, and eat while in jammies surrounded by cats.

So, seriously, you know if I share a recipe with ya'll, it has GOT to be easy because when it comes to cooking, easy is all I do.  There's my guaranteed seal of approval.

And THIS tells you it was good!


Thanks for following along with me!  I'm happy to say the blog got a much needed design update this week, thanks to my amazing sister-in-law.  I'm still working on some details, but feel free to take a look around and let me know what you think!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive