A New Chapter ... or Two

August 23, 2015


The last few days have been very different in my life.

I'm installing more routine and more self discipline when it comes to my schedule.

Getting up and ready early (early for me, at least).

Being more present in my daughter's life, as opposed to my own tasks.

Devotions at breakfast.

Going to bed earlier.

NOT napping (ugh).

Less internet searching, pointless scrolling, or Bejeweled Blitz playing.

Less time wasting.

More intentional time spending.

More meal planning.

More simplifying.

More praying.

Today's sermon at church was about "Life With Jesus."  I soaked it up.

My weekly moms' group kicks off this week where we will be studying how to be a woman after God's own heart.

And, ahem, official announcement:  I am now organizing Women's Ministry at our church.

Yah, that's even surprising to me.  So uniquely orchestrated, it could only be God.

I'm spending this Sunday evening pouring into the organizing and the communicating, and the foundational details, while listening to chick music and eating yogurt (all while dealing with a 3 1/2 year old who is up past her bedtime, with a variety of "needs").

Josh is getting into the groove of his back to work routine.  And now Catherine and I are entering into our new routines.

This is not going to come easily or naturally to me, so hopefully writing about it will help me with some accountability.  I praise God for the changes He has made within me, and I will continue asking God to renew and reshape me.

"He must increase, but I must decrease."
John 3:30

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive