In a funk

October 02, 2016

Ah...  Sunday night

For the last few weeks I have actually loved Sunday nights.
Excited for the return of the routine.

Catherine is loving pre-K.
And I am loving having free time for a bit while she's there.

So, why am I feeling such angst tonight?

I don't know.

Probably a number of things.

This week is going to be full of long days for Josh, which then also means long days for me single mom-ing it.

Plus I've got a number of things on the calendar that I'm actually dreading instead of looking forward to.

I'm struggling with writing and struggling with finding my creativity and passion.

I can't help but think about our housing situation and wonder where we'll be a year from now or what we'll be pursuing half a year from now.

Add in probable hormones and likely depression that often makes a reappearance, and you've got me tonight.

Just the sad reality.

But I know it will pass.  I will survive the long week.  And I will, once again, have activities to look forward to.  So, to cheer myself up, I'm reminding myself that Josh's Fall Break is coming up soon!  And we'll be taking a trip to one of our favorite places:  Traverse City, Michigan!


2015 Chateau Chantal in TC
2014 at our hotel in TC
2010:  our Mini-moon (mini honeymoon) in TC
It's one of our frequent destinations, but it's been awhile since we've been.  We always have our favorite restaurants and stores to visit and a great hotel right on the water.  We wander around downtown and take in the beautiful views from Old Mission Peninsula.  Fall is a gorgeous time to visit, plus we get off-season rates!

So, for now, I'll hold onto that.  It helps to have SOMEthing to look forward to.  Are you the same way?  What's coming up on your calendar that lifts your spirits?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive