Lulu...

April 20, 2010

Today is the 6th day I've been without a vehicle and have been forced to battle insurance.

I was in a car wreck because a guy disregarded the red light in front of him and kept on driving into the intersection. I hit the brakes when I saw him, but it wasn't enough. CRASH!

Thankfully I am fine. My car, poor Lulu, is not. I am so distraught over all this. I'm desperately trying to see what God is trying to teach me.

Josh & I had a fabulous plan to live cheap and pay off debt. Neither of us are going further into debt; it's just some old stuff we are taking care of. And we have promised we are not going into debt for the wedding. I've been saving up money for my wedding for YEARS. We have a set amount we are taking from. The rest is supposed to continue being built on for our second honeymoon in December. And then built on for a house.

It's all earmarked.

NONE of it is supposed to go to an unexpected, unplanned, but needed purchase of a car NOW!

Yet, here I am without a working car. And one that will probably be declared "totaled" because repairs would cost more than she is worth. Even if I could've gotten more years out of her. She was a fine car, and I am not ready to give her up.

Unfortunately, reality is knocking on my door.

It's been a rough battle, but again, I'm grateful it wasn't worse.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Yikes! I'm sorry this had to happen to you! I remember another accident we were in together, and that wasn't your fault either!

    It's not fun to have unexpected expenses, but it's great that you guys have a plan, especially that you are not going into debt for your wedding. I don't understand how people can pay tens of thousands of dollars for ONE DAY of their lives, admittedly a very important and special day, but still, just one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boooo!!!! I'm glad that you're okay, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! Sorry to hear about Lulu, but I'm glad that you're physically okay.

    And, I'm glad you have a plan. Chad and I took FPU too...we loved it. I hate it when you have a plan for $$ and it then has to be spent elsewhere, such a bummer. :(

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive