In the Midst

December 12, 2016

Boy, I feel like I am in the midst of the craziest, busiest few weeks of the year right now!

My all important calendar/scheduler/life notebook is jam packed with things to do and events to remember.  There are three people's schedules to keep track of, and it's overwhelming at times for me.

Josh's choirs have had over a half dozen performances, with more to go.  Plus, he's got various meetings and other commitments to keep him occupied beyond school hours.

In addition to preschool three days a week, Catherine has gymnastics on Monday, soccer on Tuesday,  Awana on Wednesday, and MOTTTS on Thursday.  Then there's all the extras to keep track of:  field trips, permission slips, buying Christmas gifts for her teachers, when she's supposed to take snack, when that birthday party was rescheduled to, who she's supposed to invite to the Christmas pageant, what costume she's supposed to wear.

And then there's me.  I'm trying to keep track of all on my to do list.  The ladies' annual Christmas party is the largest event I plan for women's ministry at our church, and it's this week.  For so long, it's been on the back burner, and now I'm in denial about the fact that I need to move it up to the front burner and start cooking!

The word that keeps coming to mind when I try to describe my life right now is chaotic.   And I think you can understand why.

I'm sure you have your own set of things to keep track of, presents to buy, meals to plan, cookies to decorate, errands to run, commitments to keep.

And in the midst of all the mess, is the nativity.



 The Christ Child.  Emmanuel.  God with us.

Here.  In the mess.


It amazes me that He actually wants our messes.  That we don't have to first get things cleaned up and organized and all pretty looking.  Thank God!  Because that's never gonna happen!

So, I'm just trying to remember, and maybe you need the reminder too, that He is here with us.

In the midst.

In the mess.

Christ with us.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive