Easy DIY Iced Coffee

August 07, 2016

Wow, where did the last month go?

Hubs has been gradually adjusting to his new job.  Which means C-bug and I have been gradually adjusting back to our routine.  She still has a few weeks before Pre-K starts.

I've been gearing up for my Mama's Group to resume next month.  Being on the leadership team means involvement year round, even though the group officially takes the summer off from meeting.

And now Hubby and I are trying to go hard-core into home improvement projects that we've put on the back burner for awhile.  Our to-do list is massive, but we're trying to tackle one thing at a time.  We've been working hard in this heat, so I finally got around to making my first batch this summer of my iced coffee concentrate.



I posted a pic on Instagram and Facebook, and I know ya'll wanted the recipe, so here goes!

Iced Coffee Concentrate

Brew a pot of extra strong (2-3x) coffee (I did 10 scoops of espresso beans with 20 oz. of water).

Mix with 1/2 cup sugar (I put in less), and 1/2 cup flavoring syrup (I do a combination of Hershey's chocolate and caramel, but I would imagine you could do something like Torani syrups), and 1 teaspoon vanilla.

Whisk it.  Whisk it real good.

Pour into a mason jar and store in fridge.  When you're ready for a glass, pour over ice about a cup of milk and a 1/3 cup of coffee concentrate (make sure to shake the jar first to mix it well).  Feel free to experiment with your preferred ratio.



I've tried it with different flavored coffee beans and different kinds of milk (coconut, almond, etc.).

In all honesty, I don't know if I should call this Iced Coffee or Iced Mocha.  Regardless, it's good, quick, and easy!  Let me know if you try it and if you experiment with different syrups and flavors!

Feel free to follow me at the links below, where I post a lot more than here lately!  For example, did you know I finished the gallery wall that I've been planning for months?!?  Hmm, maybe I should write a blog post on that sometime.  Maybe in 2017.

Facebook:  Very Sleepy Girl
Instagram:  @verysleepygirl
Snapchat:  verysleepygirl

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive