Why You Should Watch Your Child Brush Her Teeth

June 30, 2016

"Mom, I want you to watch me dribble in my throat."


 It didn't take me long to realize she meant "gargle."


She wanted me to watch her brush her teeth tonight.

Again.

Even though she can do it all by herself.

 
I sighed selfishly.  I didn't want to do it.

But look at what I would have missed.



Who knows how much longer this will last...

Thinking about what I was like as a pre-teen, I'm sure it won't be long before she wants to seclude herself in her room and have nothing to do with me.

She won't be calling me from college asking me to come watch her get into her jammies.

The years will pass, and I'll look back on this evening and long for it again.

So I'm going to enjoy these moments while I have them.


Blogger Nifty Betty is focusing on choosing joy all of July, and it has inspired me to write about joy too.

I've been searching high and low for inspiration lately.  Now that I have it, we'll see if I can also find the time required to focus on writing.

I invite you to join me.  You can follow along right here on my blog, on my Very Sleepy Girl facebook page, and my Very Sleepy Girl Instagram page.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive