3rd Birthday Change of Plans

September 11, 2014

I find this so hard to believe, so strange, so bizarre that I have to document it!

A couple days ago I had a sudden, obscure thought:  I don't want to go all out for Catherine's birthday party.

WHAT???

Since when??

And why??

I am The Party Planner.  I love it!  I long for parties to plan.  I live for party planning.  Ok, maybe a slight exaggeration, but my point is clear.



So, why am I all of the sudden having these bizarre thoughts?

Thoughts like...

Maybe we don't need to provide a meal; that's a LOT of work.

Maybe I don't need to invite 85% of the people I know.

Maybe I should shorten the party time.

Maybe I should do less.

It was like I suddenly realized how hard party planning is and how maybe I don't need to put myself through all that.  Honestly, the last party I planned, I had to cancel the day of because I got severely sick.  And, there was actually a huge relief that washed over me after it was canceled.

Where is this coming from???  Who will win in the end?  The Party Planner or The Simplifier?!?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive