Motherhood Rejoicing

May 14, 2013


"This is the day that the Lord has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it!"

Headache
Laundry
Dragging

Three words that sum up my day thus far.

But I'm thankful for a baby who is flexible enough to nap in her pack n play when mommy is behind on laundry, and she has leaked through her diaper two nights this week.

Who would have thought two mattress pads wouldn't be enough?

This morning the heater kicked on.
Now the AC upstairs is running.
What bizarre weather we have.
We had to cover plants in the garden two nights ago due to a freeze warning overnight.  I think it got down to 30.
Crazy.

Mother's Day was wonderful.  I woke up to my girl and my guy wishing me a Happy Mother's Day.  On my nightstand:  roses, two cards, and a box of cherry pop tarts.  My husband knows me, and that makes me rejoice.  Bagels at church, a cookout at Jen and Andy's.  Cake for Jen's birthday, relaxing and visiting with lots of family.  These are things in which I delight.

We are celebrating with my in-laws tonight.  Still trying to figure out where to take them for dinner.  Still trying to get used to this new town I live in.  It's been over nine months already.  It feels more like two or three to me.

It's been hard.
It's been real hard.
It's been lonely.

I'm not used to being the new person.  The anonymous person.  The unknown person.  The lonely person.

I feel like we have connected with people from our church.  We have a great small group.  And I've just found a new Moms group to connect with.

Being a stay-at-home mom can be very isolating.

But it is getting better.

We have a smart, healthy, spunky 18 month old, and for that I am so grateful.

Thankful for the sun and the breeze and a moment to sit on the front porch and enjoy a delicious cup of chocolate raspberry flavored coffee.  My striped mug almost matches my new striped patio furniture cushions.



"Rejoice in the Lord always.  And again I say rejoice!"

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Yes, things are getting better. Remember, reflect, and rejoice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the patio furniture! :) Hang in there! My Dad always said "This is the day the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it!" LOL Drove me crazy! But it's true! :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive