Simplify

February 15, 2012

So, I was flipping through my IKEA catalog the other day.

And I remembered a time when 95% of my apartment fillings came from IKEA.
I remembered a time when the only furniture I had was a twin size bed, a nightstand, a desk & chair, and sofa.
I remembered a time when all my belongings fit into a car. A compact.
I remembered a time when I gave away all my accumulated IKEA furniture and again had just the stuff that could fit in my car.

How did I go from that to this?
What I have now:
So much STUFF in our massive house that I am terrified of packing it all up to potentially move this summer.

In the last 6 1/2 years, I've acquired 4 different bedding sets.

Sometimes I think about simplifying.
But I am too overwhelmed to start.

Have you simplified your life? How? Where did you start?

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. one room at a time.
    don't stop until that room is completely free of anything you don't want or need.
    try to leave your emotions at the door.
    it's only stuff after all!
    good luck dear friend!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive